10 February 2014
This was a challenging one! Created for the first annual Static showdown, I teamed up with two others with the aim of creating a 3D 'running' game using github repositories as the tracks. Unfortunately I think we set our sights far too high on this one, and only managed to get as far as a (sort of) working 3D github repo visualiser. We had a lot of fun doing it and I think I learnt a lot too. Namely, when you're participating in a hackathon that's only 2 days, you need to approach a few things differently to how you would with a normal project:
It's a shame that we didn't get a finished project – if you're looking at the demo you might want to try particularly small repositories, and log in as a guest. I think the best thing to take away from the experience are the lessons learnt, and to keep trying!